Community Food Strategies and the North Carolina Local Food Council (NCLFC) (formerly Local Food Council of North Carolina (LFCNC)) partnered with other organizations across the state to host six regional gatherings in 2016. These regional events were coordinated in response to positive feedback from a statewide Food Issues Forum for food councils in 2014, which was attended by more than 150 people. These gatherings facilitated peer-to-peer learning, and continued networking across counties and sectors. NCLFC representatives attended these events to better understand local priorities and better advocate for and support those priorities on the state level. Community Food Strategies works to help communities weave the threads that build a strong network. These regional gatherings are meant to deepen these networks and continue building our capacity to strength our community’s food system.
- Jan 29 – Western at WNC Foodshed Summit, Asheville
- Feb 12 – Southeast at Feast Down East, Wilmington
- Mar 10 – Charlotte Regional Food Council Gathering, Concord
- May 2 – Triad Regional Food Network Gathering, Kernersville
- May 10 – Triangle Region Food Council Gathering, Chapel Hill
- May 19 – Northeast Region Food Council Gathering, Warrenton