Strategic advocacy toolkit
A toolkit for strategic networking and policy change
This tool offers a step-by-step approach to relationship building for policy change. We believe that effective strategy is essential for successful advocacy that can make a lasting, positive impact on your community. This toolkit is useful for groups just learning who the decision makers are in their community and for groups who are ready to create a full, printed advocacy plan building a case for change.
Currently, there is direct assistance available for a limited number of food councils that want to use this toolkit to:
- Engage in strategic networking with decision-makers and food system stakeholders,
- Draft and prioritize a policy platform,
- Give input on local and regional planning processes, and
- Create and implement strategic advocacy plans.
Some examples include:
- Advocating for the inclusion of food system related language to comprehensive plan updates,
- Advocating for the establishment of a Local Food Economy Fund,
- Advocating for changes to municipal rules around commercial crop production
For questions about the TA available, email team member Jaylen Cates at firstname.lastname@example.org.