Spring Educational Scholarships Open
Photo credit: Canva.com
Join us at upcoming events!
We’re pleased to have scholarships available for educational opportunities that relate to the goals of our food council network:
foundations in racial equity understanding
policy and advocacy
We’re sharing the following upcoming educational opportunities, and welcome your suggestions of similar educational opportunities that would benefit your food council work. Our hope is that you will be able to engage in these events and take back resources and learnings to your council in service of your food council missions.
We ask that you request funds for a single event this spring in order to distribute the funds to as many different food council members as possible.
- Baseline: 2 members per council, per conference can apply.
- Up to 3 members per council per conference, *if* applying in multi-racial teams
- Each individual food council member can receive one conference scholarship/year.
- Please complete this simple google form:
By March 3rd for:
- Rural Summit 2022: Building a Better Tomorrow (virtual), hosted by the NC Rural Center on March 21 – 22
- Extended Deadline. Now register by March 4th!
By March 14th for:
- Come to the Table Conference: Spirit, Power, and Connection: Owning our Food Future (virtual), hosted by Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA on Tuesday, March 15-Wednesday, March 16
By April 25th for:
- Racial Equity Institute (REI) Workshops (virtual)
- 3-hour Groundwater Workshops
- 2-day Phase I Workshops
- Please consider the NC-based trainings that are occurring before May 5th
- Other trainings or educational opportunities you propose related to racial equity, community organizing, policy and advocacy, and food systems
Be prepared to register for the conference as soon as you hear back from us with scholarship acceptance.
Do you have other training and educational opportunities that you would like support for?
Contact Joyce Yao at email@example.com with questions or other educational opportunities for us to consider.